Woodhaven Place Product Reviews
We must be very selective when it comes to buying products that we use on the farm. We do not have much expendable income so when we buy something we research products as much as possible. There are a few things that we look for in a product, regardless of what it is.
- Durability – Products must last. We will spend a little bit more on something that will last 10 or 20 years instead of needing replaced every season.
- Cost – Products must be affordable. There are products we would love to try however they just will not fit in the budget. We must find that special mix of quality and affordability.
- Availability – Shipping can be a problem with farm equipment and we do not live in an area that carries some of the specialty equipment that we need. Sometime we must buy online and when we do, it needs to be from a company that will work with us if the product breaks or does not work the way we need it to. We buy local whenever possible and buy from family owned businesses when we can.
- Function – We rarely buy something that only serves one function. Our equipment needs to perform multiple functions or it had better be a darn good product.
- Comfort – Products must be durable and useful. Overalls need to fit well; gloves cannot give blisters, handles need to comfortably fit into our hands, and seats should not make our rear-end fall asleep.
There are a few things we use on a daily bases the we love, some products that work very well with some modifications, and others that (even with a lot of research) have ended up as duds. We are going to be posting reviews of things that we love, like, and even the ones that did not work out for us. When you have a limited budget, knowing what works well and how to make something work well with a few tweaks can be invaluable. Stay tuned for our reviews!